Charles H. Ellis III is the Senior pastor of Greater Grace Temple in Detroit, Michigan. He pastors nearly 8,000 and is known as a leader “with a heart for people.” In 1996, after succeeding his father, David L. Ellis, he and the ministry have continued to forge ahead with God’s favor, bringing into fruition a new 36-million dollar worship facility. This state of the art masterpiece includes a 4,000 seat auditorium, an elegant 600-seat banquet hall and conference center.
Under his leadership Greater Grace Temple now has nearly 250 compartmental ministries including the following, which extend beyond its religious mandate:
- Over 100 Housing Units for seniors and families
- Two Charter Schools (Grades K-8)
- Montessori Day Care Center
- Fully Operational Bookstore
- Multipurpose Activity Center
- 18-Hole New Rogell Golf Course
- Print Shop
- Television and Recording Studios
- Travel Agency
- Funeral Home
Most of these outreaches are headquartered at the church’s 140-acre complex known as the “City of David.” These humanitarian outreaches positively impact the Detroit community where he is a respected leader. Here are some of his honors and board appointments:
- Board member of the Vanguard / DMC Hospital Group
- Board member of the Detroit Zoological Society
- Board member of the Metropolitan Detroit YMCA
- Chairman, Mayor’s Strategic Task Force (Detroit Works Project)
- Chairman, Detroit Tigers Baseball Negro League Celebration
- Founder & President of The Master’s Commission
- Founder & President of the GGT Non-profit Housing Corporation
Charles H. Ellis III serves as the Presiding Prelate of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World, Inc. Through television and radio mediums, Bishop Ellis brings the message of God’s love to a potential 50 million viewers daily on “The Word Network” and other broadcast outlets across the nation and internationally.
Bishop Ellis is a Business Administration graduate of Wayne State University with a major in Accounting. He also holds and honorary doctorate from Aenon Bible College and has been a guest lecturer on various occasions at the Harvard School of Divinity.
Watch This Video
Bishop Ellis leads the PAW & the PCAF in joining forces to build a home for a family whose home was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina. It opened a door of new hope for a family with nowhere to turn after seeing their lives turned upside down.